Corona Virus Precautions at Downtown Kia
A Message from from Tyler Baskin, General Manager Downtown Kia
To Our Valued Customers and Partners,
As our landscape continues to evolve around coronovirus and COVID 19, we first and foremost wish that everyone will stay safe and remain healthy during these trying times. We view it as our shared responsibility to rely on facts, remain calm, and take appropriate precautions as recommended by the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control. We also feel a responsibility to our community and our customers to support their critical mobility needs during this time. Because of this, we remain open for business and have asked our employees to step up where needed to maintain clean environments and avoid the spread of germs in every way possible.
Our team has implemented the following measures:
- When greeting our customers in the showroom, although we wish to be polite, we have asked our employees not to shake hands at this time.
- We have modified our employee work schedules in order to reduce the number of employees who are present in each of our stores at any given time. We have also reduced our store hours.
- We have implemented guidelines for social distancing as per BCCDC recommendations. According to Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, this means “fingertip to fingertip distance away, but no touching.”
- We have doubled measures taken by our daytime and nighttime cleaning crews to assure that our facilities are properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Our demo vehicles and test drive vehicles are being cleaned before and after test drives with primary focus being on high-touch surfaces.
- We are offering an online purchase experience. Customers who do not wish to leave their homes can complete their purchase using the latest technology and have their vehicle sanitized and delivered to their door.
- We have asked all employees to wash hands hourly. Signs posted in all washrooms and sink locations note that hand washing should include soap and water, and done for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- We are flexible to accommodate special requests – please contact us for further information.
- Most importantly, if our staff are not feeling well, we have required that they must stay at home.
Downtown Kia has been in business since December 2019, and is part of the West Auto Sales Group – a family run and owned group of dealerships. We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously and maintain our commitment to service, even through these uncertain times.
We will closely monitor as the situation changes and you have our commitment that we will act with our employees and customers’ best interests at heart.
Please feel free to contact me directly at 604-336-9050 with any questions or concerns.
General Manager, Downtown Kia